All our people are committed to making a difference to the people of Norfolk. Hear from them about their experiences of working for Norfolk County Council.More
Join us in Norwich
It’s a great time to join us. We’re strengthening our social work teams to support people to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible. We’re investing in social care and changing the conversation for social work to provide better outcomes. Our Norwich team are an experienced team of practitioners and managers with specialist interests in a wide area of practice, we really support each other and led by managers who are equally supportive and truly listen.
- City based – geographically we cover a small area
- OP/PD team which covers a variety of cases, for example Disabled Parents
- Flexible working
- Career progression – people within the team have gone onto SW apprentice scheme
- Large and experienced team of practitioners and managers – with specialist interests in a wide area of practice
- Supported many ASYE Social Workers and students on placement
- Several Social Workers and managers who are Practice Educators, AMHPs and BIAs
- Good networks with other agencies; promoting and supporting integration particularly with health and housing
- Management team hold frequent supervisions and reflective practice meetings where cases and examples of good practice can be discussed
- Team operate a buddy system for new workers where support from colleagues can be easily accessed
- NIPE providing additional support for new starters
- Opportunities to become a team champion in an area of interest
“In my 10 years working for the LA this is the best team I’ve worked in. It is hard work, but my managers and colleagues are the best. The support from the team makes the work more manageable, and there are great opportunities to expand your practice across various areas; Mental health, community care, residential care and others, plus there are opportunities to progress within the team as a champion”
“I have been working within the Adult Social Services team for just over a year now. Within this time, I have developed my knowledge and skillset within the health and social care sector which enables me to support a diverse range of people in the community. As a practitioner there are opportunities to provide meaningful and life changing support to people and their families, which results in endless job satisfaction”
“Also, as a member of the team, your wellbeing is considered as paramount and there are numerous efforts to ensure that this continues to be the case, especially whilst working under current restrictions. The job can present challenges, but you will always be supported to overcome these by an amazingly proactive team; of which I am proud and thankful to become a part of”
Norwich is a wonderful city in the heart of East Anglia. Its historic centre is home to cobbled streets, historic buildings and churches and offers an array of shopping, restaurants and activities. Norwich is close to the coast and the famous Norfolk Broads offering a range of water-based activities such as paddle boarding and sailing. London is only 1 hour and 45 minutes by train and there are direct rail and road links to cities in across England.
There really is something for everyone…..
and we offer an excellent relocation package.